Saturday, October 01, 2005

Geez! Conspiracy much?

Studying. Doing my ethics reading.

Apparently, economist Milton Friedman said:

"Businessmen who talk this way are unwitting puppets of the intellectual forces that have been undermining the basis of a free society these past decades".

A bit harsh, isn't it? Hard to take him seriously now.

Also: Pretentious much?

Who uses the word "eleemosynary" anyway?? And who knows what it means?

eleemosynary \el-uh-MOS-uh-ner-ee\, adjective:
1. Of or for charity; charitable; as, "an eleemosynary institution."
2. Given in charity; having the nature of alms; as, "eleemosynary assistance."
3. Supported by or dependent on charity; as, "the eleemosynary poor."


I should not have to stop in my readings to look up a term in order to learn that a writer is discussing a charity!!

(mutter, mutter, mutter...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I read a lot, and I've never heard of that word. Whoever wrote that was an egghead.