Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Still with the fat lip

J headbutts. Often. Yesterday, he slammed me one right in the mouth, and my front tooth went into my upper lip. It was swollen a bit last night. I expected it would improve overnight, but it has actually gotten worse. Considerably worse. It's visibly swollen now, and man alive does it hurt! And my neck and jaw are all stiff, I assume from sleeping funny. It just serves to add to the discomfort. It makes me all grumbly.

H is coming down with yet another cold, though he denies it. But the snuffling into Kleenexes and massive doses of Echinacea and Vitamin C belie his attempts to deceive me. I'm trying to stay away; J and I do not need another cold. Last time he brought home a cold bug was before Christmas and, well, we've just recently recovered. No more. Not if I can help it. Which, let's face it, I can't, but still ...

Actually, I already have the start of a sore throat happening. But I will make every effort to fight it off, and hopefully it will not win this time. Dang viral infections! They always have to attack the asthmatic, too, don't they?

Fortunately, I completed my quiz for school yesterday, so if I want to take a day off from my studies, I can. I do. I will. Rest and relaxation is the order of the day!

I hope J behaves himself today. He was quite crazed yesterday, giving me the fat lip, etc. We went to see King Lear at the Walterdale last night (Thanks, Liz!), and my parents watched J for us. Usually such a good baby when being babysat, J decided to be extremely hyper last night, not eat anything (not even his usual bedtime cereal), and not nap at all. I think Mom and Dad were rather relieved when we came to get him and take him away. They were having fun with him, but it was late. I was quite surprised to find him still awake when we went to pick him up.

No comments: