Thursday, February 09, 2006

My new printer is hooked up

The old printer was in a constant state of paper jam. It had some sort of problem moving the pages forward when they were done printing, and so I'd have to sit at the computer, babysitting the printer, quickly removing each printed page off the tray. Any delay would be met with a terrible paper jam and the destruction of previously printed pages.

So L&P were kind enough to bail me out of this awful state of affairs, and they gave us a printer they had kicking around. (They're sweet, btw!) It's been in a box for far too long, with me procrastinating about its all-of-2-minute installation and opting instead to continue to suffer with the old broken printer. But now, I have hooked up and installed our new printer!

I tested it. The paper feeds through without issue. But it comes out blank. I suspect the ink cartridges may have dried up and they just need replacing. But the low ink light isn't on. Still ... this seems the most likely possibility. I will endeavour to purchase new ink cartridges tomorrow. Hopefully, this will correct the problem.

No comments: