Thursday, February 23, 2006

8 Tylenols and All's Well

Well, the doctor confirms it. It is a sinus infection. Pretty bad one, too, judging from the look of dismay on the good doctor's face. I now have my extra-strength Tylenol (took 8 in the past 24 hours, and I don't feel badly about it at all), extra-strength Sudafed, and a bottle of Dristan Nasal Spray. The hope is that the infection will clear up in a couple of days with this regimen. But if it does not clear up by Saturday, I will need to start a course of antibiotics. I dearly hope this will not be necessary. I'm allergic to any antibiotics that are safe to take while breastfeeding, and so I will have to take the one that I react the least harshly to and hope for the best possible result. It's all I can do.

I really hope this clears up soon. I need to study, and I can't study right now. The pain is too intense. It makes me weep. I can't focus. I have to constantly change positions; lie down, sit up, lie down. I need some good, solid study time before my exam, but it isn't looking good just now.

45 more minutes, and I can take my last dose of medication and get to bed. J has been sleeping for a really long time now. I suspect another growth spurt is behind his sleep pattern today. I hope he sleeps right through the night. And I hope that I will sleep tonight as well; last night was terrible for that. And I hope that J will be happy and sweet tomorrow, and that I will be able to cope.

Today was a real struggle.

No comments: