Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Conflicting priorities

J wants to play. My textbooks want me to study them. J wins. He is much more demanding. Besides, playing with him is more fun.

I am trying not to panic. My exam is just over two weeks away. Really, I only need around 55% on the final exam in order to pass the course. I am feeling like I will be failing the course, but I am also aware that this is unlikely. I'm just in the panic place now. It's normal. I will pass the course, and carry on. I just like to do well, so I get a bit freaked out when I don't know things as well as I think I should. I have 9 self-tests, the audio lectures, and 15 past and practice exams to run, plus a collection of over 150 flashcards that I can go through and obsess over to my heart's content. With two weeks to go, there is plenty of time for obsessing. I will pass. I think. I hope.

But I will not worry today. I will play with J. I will take Tylenol, and I will get rid of this silly headache. (Sinusitis is a cruel joke.)

Today, I walked on the rooftops of the temples of the Forbidden City in Beijing, China. What an amazing place!

No comments: