Thursday, February 02, 2006

I am an overachiever

I admit it. I like to get through things quickly, and I like to do things well. Very well. Extremely well. It's part of who I am, and I can't do anything about it.

So here I am. Studying. Running flash cards that I've made so far for my course. I find this a good way to study. It's my first time running the flash cards that I've made so far. I did a count. There are 83 flash cards. I know the answers to only 29 of them. Fortunately, the exam is not until March 8, so I have some time to get my head around these concepts. Unfortunately, there are 2-1/2 more modules to cover, so more flash cards will be added to the pile as I read.

One good thing: I know my stuff well enough to have spotted an error on one of my flash cards. I looked at it and realized it made no sense; then I went through the book and recreated it properly. Sadly, I didn't know my stuff well enough to recreate the card without the book, but that will come.

I don't think I'll fail this course or anything like that. I just think I have a lot of preparation to do before the exam. This is lots of hard work. And I have several more years to go. I just hope I'll have the stamina to keep taking a course per semester and keep my grades up. I want to get done quickly, and I also want to keep doing well. I think the hard work will all pay off in the end.

I really hope so, anyway.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Oh, I know you will learn it all. No problem. And when you feel like over-achieving, don't. Nobody likes a Smarty-Pants! Wait, I stil like you!
:)