Saturday, February 18, 2006

Grape juice for breakfast

I had a post here. It was inconsequential. It just basically said "I know". And I've realized that that is sufficient. Just because I know, it doesn't mean everyone else has to. I have closure. It's a good thing. Done and done.

So that post is gone now. History will stay there. This post is more fun!

This morning, J drank diluted white grape juice from his sippy cup. He liked it. A lot. So much, in fact, that he felt he should have grape juice for breakfast. Only grape juice. Nothing else.

He lost the battle and had a healthy breakfast of cereal and fruit. But he was displeased.

He still can't tolerate meat. I tried him on fish yesterday. That didn't go any better than chicken or beef. Kiwis get the same reaction. J's gag reflex is a bit too strong. I hope he'll be willing and/or able to get more variety into his diet soon. I'm not sure how long he can stay on his rather limited fare.

J thinks it's funny if I open my mouth and click my tongue at him. He laughs, and he tries to grab my mouth. He is rewarded with kisses on his palm. J loves kisses!

1 comment:

Draya's Mom said...

Draya has discovered orange juice. I gave her some from my glass while we were at my inlaws on Sunday; had to forcefully pry the glass out of her hands to get it back. Gave her a little bit in a sippy cup yesterday, it disapeared quickly. Thankfully she still likes cereal though!