Wednesday, March 22, 2006

A thing of beauty

Before I get into the crux of this post, I just have to begin by saying: J started crawling up the stairs today! He made it up three steps, crawling from Daddy to Mommy. We were quite excited, but have realized that we can no longer wait on buying baby gates. We'll be going shopping shortly.

**********

I have a friend who restores paintings for a living. And today, it occurred to me that this has got to be one of the coolest jobs ever. She gets to work with great works of art and make them all pretty and new again. Who wouldn't want to do that?

It takes people from all walks of life, doing all kind of different jobs, to make our world function. We need all of them. I'm glad to be one of the people who makes the world go 'round. The work I have done is practical and necessary, and I have enjoyed it. But sometimes, I think about how much fun it would be to spend my day in a nicely lit space, beautiful art in front of me, music of my choosing playing in the background, as I work on restoring the great work which will soon be on display. Now, add to that the fact that you get to do much of the work in your own home studio, in a very cool city, AND make your own hours. And you actually get PAID for it! (And paid pretty darned well, too.)

I swear, if it weren't for the fact that I have no artistic ability whatsoever and would probably give the Mona Lisa clown lips or something, I'd so be training for that job. But alas, I have no artistic skill! So I shall continue on, with my math-oriented little brain, and do what I do well.

For someone with artistic ability, though, I would think this would be an amazing job, and a great way to make the world more beautiful to boot. How marvelous!

1 comment:

Mary said...

I will be joining you with mathmatical brain. We can help make the world be a fun logical place to be with Debits and Credits!
Yay for us!