Tuesday, March 28, 2006

In a panic ...

... and realizing there was no hope of completing my module in enough time to submit my quiz by tomorrow at noon, I skimmed the materials. I found the quiz answers. And I quickly submitted my quiz.

Life has been chaotic lately. We have had extended family issues. Plus J has been grumpy and teething, and totally inconsolable. After trying pretty well everything I could think of this morning (I held him, rocked him, cuddled him in the bed, fed him, changed him, gave him Tylenol, tried letting him lie in his crib on his own and watch Sesame Street), I gave up in despair. Nothing was working. Everything I tried made J scream even louder. I ended up putting him in his crib and closing the door. Sitting downstairs, I tried to steel myself against the screams. It took about 10 minutes, before he cried himself to sleep.

I am learning that J is a baby who sometimes just needs to scream, and you just have to let him be by himself and get it all out. If you try to help, he gets angrier. I hate that. I want to do something for him, but I can't. It makes me feel helpless.

In any event, my quiz is submitted now. I completed it in the brief window while J slept. And I will endeavour to get caught up over the next little while. I got full marks on the quiz, so that was good.

Off I go. Grumpy is screaming at me again.

No comments: