Saturday, September 03, 2005

Hurricane Katrina

I'm sad.

Why do these things happen? I don't understand. I am glad to learn that the survivors are at last getting the help they so urgently require. But the loss of life, and the violence, and the ... I don't understand.

Got home tonight from dinner with friends to a voice mail message with bad news. Feeling down about that too. Too much pain and suffering in the world. I guess if it were all sunshine and rainbows, we wouldn't appreciate the sunshine and rainbows when we see them. The bad stuff is what makes us appreciate the good stuff, I suppose.

I just really wish there didn't have to be bad stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It makes me really mad at Bush. He hasn't shown leadership and he hasn't gotten people the help they needed soon enough.

Give me a call if you want to talk. I brought the phone downstairs so it won't wake up the punks. I'll probably be up till 11.