Sunday, April 09, 2006

My baby is so big now!

*sob*

Well, J's first birthday celebrations are over now. My family met up today to celebrate three birthdays, including little J's first. I made him a blue elephant cake for the occasion. It turned out quite well. See?


Devil's food cake with cream cheese frosting and coconut. Yummy!

J was tired and a bit grumpy, but he didn't scream through the "Happy Birthday" song tonight. He was pretty content to grab the blue frosting and smear it over his hands, clothes and highchair. He did not, however, put any of it in his mouth. And he wouldn't sample any of the cake offered. He just wasn't hungry. But he drank a lot of milk, so that's always good.

A good family shot was taken. I'm not very photogenic these days, but I'm pleased with the picture below. Happy family. Happy birthday.


So there we go. My little boy is 1-year old now. Party time is over and done, and it's back to the same old routine starting tomorrow. I'll get back into the groove of studying; I have a lot of catching up to do. And I'll try to not feel so sad about the fact that my little baby is getting so big. As L says, he is a lot more fun now that he's mobile and trying to communicate. I'll enjoy this next stage too. I just miss his teeny babiness a bit, and it makes me kind of sad.

*sniff*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where are the photos?

WE WANT TO SEE PHOTOS!

hee-hee-hee