Saturday, April 15, 2006

Eatin'

Today, we met up with a bunch of friends at the Farmers Market. We browsed. We ate deliciously sweet carrots. We did our best to encourage Mary's baby to come out and play, but the little guy stubbornly stayed put, much to poor Mary's chagrin. She was not feeling very well, poor dear. I hope the little guy comes soon.

We all went out for lunch after. J decided to sample certain foods. He had bun with butter, Mum Mum cookies (of course), and diced Gnocchi pasta (potato dumplings) with a small bit of meat and mushroom sauce. He seemed to quite enjoy it. He drank lots of homo milk, and then had ice cream for dessert. Mmm, mmm, good. J loved his ice cream, and held the spoon himself and got all sticky. He still smells like vanilla.

Tonight, we went out to a chocolate fondue party. I likely put on 10 pounds. But it was totally worth it. There was milk chocolate, dark chocolate, mint chocolate, mocha, and white chocolate, and we all brought plenty of things for dipping. Easter eggs were decorated. Children played. Adults chatted and drank. A good time was had. It was nice to have a bit of a break from my crazy course and stupid midterm. I'm glad I went. Or rather, I'm glad I was all but dragged away from my books, kicking and screaming, and forced to go visit with my friends, have fun, and eat chocolate. Thanks guys, for seeing that I needed to get out and get sane again. I needed that!

J was not given chocolate fondue. Too messy for wee baby. Maybe next time.

No comments: