Friday, November 11, 2005

Remembrance Day

H and I took J to the Cenotaph this morning for Remembrance Day. It was a good service. We were late, though, as J had a doctor's appointment first. We thought it was unusual that the doctor's office was open today, but it was fine by us; J needed to be seen. He is fine. We finally got to introduce J to H's friend, JL. With his three children and our lives being so busy these days, we have not seen him at all since J's birth. I was glad that we finally got to see him.

This afternoon, I met up with shiny gal and va1kyrie for a tour of Second Cup Country. H looked after J, who fussed and complained, but H managed well. Shiny gal and I saw a unique sign today; H will have to get a picture of it for the blog later. It read "Video STD $0.99". Made me laugh! (As did the fact that my blog's spellcheck system does not recognize the word "blog".)

I have been studying this evening. Working on my last module for the course. I have a quiz to complete by Wednesday, and then I get to start my exam prep. The final is on the 30th, and that is coming up way too quickly. I am nervous.

Tomorrow, we have some errands to run and I have a lot of work to do on my course. But I also need to take some time out to go on a run to 'Chelle's gravesite. Recent newspaper articles have brought up some feelings from my past. The result? I find myself having issues with history this week, and I need to iron them out. Logically, I know that 'Chelle's spirit is not in her grave and she can hear me no better there than she can anywhere else, but the headstone will give me something to talk at, and I feel that I need that just now.

I miss her. Even when I get angry, I miss her.

No comments: