Sunday, November 06, 2005

Killing Trees

Today, I am printing. Printing, printing, printing. 14 past examinations and the 4 handouts for the exam review audio lectures, which I do find beneficial and recognize that I must listen to. 323 pages of mumbo jumbo, all told. And this doesn't even include the "practice exam", which I am saving until nearer the exam date to look at.

Running the past exams helps me study.

My printer moves slower than a snail on the make. I can't leave it unattended, because it jams if even one sheet of paper is left in the output-tray while it is still printing.

I could be here all day. Captive. Held hostage at the whim of my printer.

My time is more valuable than my paper; it takes far longer to print things on two sides, so I'm killing trees printing everything one sided. At least I can use the clean backs of the paper for scrap later on, when I'm trying to run the past exams.

J plays in his crib, and cries periodically. H is looking after him, as I cannot possibly be away from my printer. How could I bear it, after all?

Update:

It is now 12:40 p.m. I have killed enough trees for today. I am printing the 11th of the 14 past exams. (See how slow my printer is?) The remaining 3 past exams will wait, as will my handouts for exam review audio lectures. I have cancelled those print jobs, and I will do them on another day, hopefully after I acquire a better printer (thanks, P) and no longer have to sit here, babysitting the silly thing as it prints out.

GET ME OUT OF THE HOUSE!! I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!! AAAAAAAAUGH!!!

I'm thinking ... ice cream. Mmmmm...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Basically...I rule. Yup

paulwallace.com/blog
THE ONE TRUE BLOG

Anonymous said...

My printer is very similar, jam ups and all. Did you downgrade your print quality setting, I find that helps mine go faster.
mmmm... ice cream....

Momma Trish said...

Yes, the print quality is down low; uses less ink that way.

Had hot chocolate instead of ice cream.

P - you do rule!