Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Irritability

I am running past exams. Accounting rules change with alarming frequency. Certain questions from the old exams are no longer relevant; other questions have different answers now. There are typos in various questions and/or solutions, which makes it hard to understand stuff. The lesson notes have changed, and the sections are all different now. Goodwill is no longer amortized. The old module 6 is now module 8. And I have already forgotten how to format some parts of the various financial statements and how to calculate a lot of things, like estimates on inventory and cost of goods sold. The cash flow statement still makes almost no sense to me, and revenue recognition policies are held somewhere in the back of my mind, behind a big question mark.

I just feel like a rampant idiot, and I'm sick of it.

Of course, I am also exhausted, and that may account for much of my bad mood. All things are affecting me more than they should this evening. I want to feel happier.

Relax. Breathe. Focus. Be at peace.

It's not working...

No comments: