Friday, November 25, 2005

"Cough" - A Haiku

Coughing from the chest.
Asthmatic; this can't be good.
Hacking up a lung.

***********

The doctor's office has no openings today. I need to phone tomorrow at 9:00 and try to get in then. (Their pre-booked spots are taken, but apparently they will open up more slots in the morning.) I can't afford the time away from my books, but I also can't afford to be sick for my exam. If I have to pick one of the two evils, my health must win out. It's bad enough now that I can justify seeking help. So off to the doctor I will go. I wish they could fit me in today.

I am thankful that neither H nor J appear to have caught this nasty, nasty cold as of yet. H's sinuses are acting up today, but he gets that from time to time and it may be unrelated; I really hope he doesn't get sick like this. And I hope it goes away soon. It hurts. Bad.

***********

J was so sweet yesterday. He napped in the afternoon for a number of hours; he was in his swing, which he thought was fun. (I remember when he hated that swing, but those days are long gone now.) This gave me an opportunity to get in some studying (when I probably should have been sleeping, trying to rest up and get better - my priorities are skewed just now, so sue me). I may be prepared for this exam yet.

On that note, exam prep is going reasonably well now. I am following the audio lecturer's advice in strategies for the long answer solutions (preparing financial statements) and that works pretty well. I am glad that we have the exam review audio lectures; I'd be totally lost without them. Using the lecturer's strategies, I just prepared a cash flow statement (one of my really tough areas) correctly and in a reasonable period of time! I feel quite pleased with myself this morning.

***********

J has tried a pretty good variety of fruits and veggies now. He still prefers vegetables to fruits. He is not a "sweets" kind of kid just yet, and his favorite food to date appears to be green beans. He tolerates bananas, but his favorite fruit is still pears. He tried avocado yesterday; he didn't really seem to have an opinion on it one way or the other. I like it, however, because it is easy to prepare!

His two bottom teeth are coming in nicely. Still no sign of teeth up top. And still no interest in sitting up, but he loves to roll around and "scoot" on his back by kicking his feet. He loves to explore objects with his hands and taste-test everything that comes his way. He enjoys being on his tummy, and he will lift up both his head and feet and balance on his stomach, using his hands for support. He rubs his eyes when he is tired, but he fights sleep for all he's worth.

I love him so much!

***********

I feel bad; I have many pictures to upload, but no time to do so until after my exam. Look for updates to the photos menu, possibly the first weekend in December. I make no promises, but I will try!

No comments: