Friday, December 09, 2005

Woke up this mornin'

J was ticked and will not be consolled as of yet. I'd had bad dreams through my restless, fitfull sleep. And I feel unreasonably grumpy today. I would like to go back to bed and see if my mood improves with a bit more sleep, but unfortunately, J says "No".

J and I need to go into the office today, as it is a work friend's baby shower. So J will need to be well-fed, bathed, and put in his Christmas sleeper. (He looks so sweet in it.) I must also do laundry and some housework today. And some studying too, since I didn't fit any in yesterday.

Yesterday was a really good day. J's Memaw came for a visit; I love seeing her. J was awake when she arrived, and he was being quite argumentative about breakfast. But he played with her for a bit before becoming sleepy and grumpy (and probably a few other dwarfs too) and going down for a sleep through most of the remainder of our visit. She gave J some very generous Christmas presents (us too, btw). She is such a sweet and kind person, and I feel so grateful that we have her in our lives. Her daughter will be having a baby (in May, I believe), so she will have 2 little grandchildren then; J and new baby! I am very excited about this, and am thinking that we will have to find a way to get down to the States to meet the new arrival.

Yesterday evening, I went to the Association's mentorship networking reception. I met some great people, and came home with a few business cards. It was good to have this opportunity to make some good connections; I am glad I got to go.

Today is shaping up to be a great day too. I must find some way to lose my grumpy old attitude problem. I have much to be thankful for today, and it should be a beautiful and wonderful day, if I can just quit snarling about nothing. Everyone is entitled to a mood, I suppose, but I do not enjoy my bad mood and I wish to lose it.

Must dash. J says so. But first, I leave you with this. Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, doesn't it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Draya is Sneezy, Grumpy and Weezy (one of their cousins) this morning.