Sunday, December 11, 2005

An eventful evening

Two parties. Managed to hit them both (albeit one was hit really late). Impressed that we got to both, though. Busy busy. Nothing new on that front.

Party #2 was for the lovely and talented Miss Dottie P. Good to see friends. Good times. Good talks. Cute babies. J slept on Dottie's shoulder, and Dottie received her lovely pink frying pan to go with the wonderful pink spatula from theatre mommy and jugglepants. I learned that I need to be more attentive in reading my emails (it seems I am easily confused these days; oops). I was glad to be at the party, even if it was only for a small portion of the evening. It was nice. And Dottie will have a beautiful pink kitchen now! (As an aside, I suspect Dottie was a tad bit tipsy, 'cause she introduced me to Miss Shiny Gal, who I already know quite well. We all had a good giggle about it. Glad Dottie's party was such a smashing success. Woot!)

Party #1 was an annual Christmas bash put on by J&NH, one of H's oldest and dearest friends and his wife. They put so much work into that party each year, it's just unreal. Singalongs, skits, solos, instrumentals, JH singing "Any Dream Will Do" (not H's version, but the real version) in full Technicolor Dreamcoat regalia, and then later, performing the Dentist song from "Little Shop" (not Christmasy at all, but still most entertaining). Monty Python skits abound. Got to spend some time with several old friends who we just don't get to see very often. We need to see them more; they are so great, and I miss them when we fail to hook up for such a long time. Anyway, good food; good fun. Great time.

But I, of course, missed the entire cello orchestra because J made poopy. (*Pout*)

No comments: