Monday, December 05, 2005

Our new car

I received a voice mail message this morning.

Honda person: "Hi, this is G from M Honda. Could you please call me back and arrange a time to come in and pick up your new car?"

I promptly phoned H.

Me: "H, M Honda called to ask when we want to go in and pick up our new car."

H: "Well, any time really. Did you want to go and pick it up this afternoon?"

Me: "I could, I suppose. But what will I do with the Cavalier?"

H: "Oh yeah. Well, I could pick it up on my way home from work, but then we'd have to leave the Shadow behind."

Me: "Okay. Well, why don't we do that, 'cause you don't have to pack up the baby first."

H: "Okay, let's do it that way."

Me: "So I'll tell them we'll do that then, and then we'll just arrange things later tonight to go back and pick up the Shadow, right?"

H: "Yes. That sounds good. We'll arrange it somehow. Just make sure you remind them that we've already paid for the new car."

Me: "Oh yes; of course."

I phoned M Honda.

Me: "Hi, you phoned to tell us that our new car was available for pickup? But you got the wrong number."

Honda person: "Okay. What was the number?"

Me: [providing number] "Now, you also called us on the weekend asking for someone who doesn't live here."

Honda person: "Oh great. Okay; so, now I will try to find the right number for this gentleman."

Me: "Okay. But just so you know, my husband and I have discussed it. And if you call this number again looking for him, we are just going to come on down and pick up the car."

Honda person: [laughing outright] "Yeah, no kidding, huh?"

********

I must return to my homework now. Still waiting to receive my lesson notes, but I know which readings go with module 1 so I can get started now. I checked my exam blueprint, and it seems most of my next exam will be on module 4, some will be on modules 5-9, and very little will be on modules 1-3 and 10.

I am also trying to clean the house. All the dishes are washed, J's books have been put away, the magazines have been sorted into what's staying and what's going, the books have been sorted out, my study aides from the last course have been put away, and the DVDs are back in the DVD rack. I am feeling mighty productive today, but it is going to take a fair amount of time to get things in order.

Fun stuff!

********

Daily notes to self:

Must lend any accounting books I can spare to Wandafish.

Must ask theatre_mommy what I owe her, since I just remembered that I owe her some $$ from human_loser's going-away-soiree and I feel badly for forgetting to pay her. I will remedy this situation shortly.

Must buy Christmas presents.

Must wrap dottie_p's birthday present. (Feeling mighty pleased with myself for finding something so very dottie, and I hope she doesn't already have one just like it.)

No comments: