Monday, December 19, 2005

Poor little J! (And some other bits)

J has a bad cold. Coughing from the chest, and with a very stuffy little nose. He doesn't want to eat anything but milk, and not much of that either. He cries when we try to feed him. He is not sleeping well; he wakes up with sneezing and coughing fits, and then he starts to cry. He is just really not feeling well at all. It's heartbreaking when your baby is sick, even if it is just a cold. He looks at me, and he seems so sad. I wish I could make him feel all better.

My sister-in-law and the kids arrived in town yesterday from Van. I got to see them last night, and they finally got to meet little J. It was great to see them! They're not here for too long, but we'll see as much of them as possible while they are here.

My oldest niece has gotten engaged! I am very excited for her and her husband-to-be. They are a very nice couple, and I am sure they will be very happy together. They will be getting married sometime in 2006.

My friend, va1kyrie, ROCKS! She has written a really thoughtful and heartfelt letter of apology and forgiveness to someone, and she has posted it publicly, so that others who were indirectly affected by the dispute will also receive it. (Pride, shmide!) And her willingness to do this, without even being asked, reinforces to me what a great person she really is. I love her, and I am proud to call her my friend!

I have such wonderful people in my life. Today, I am grateful for the special friends that I have made and the support that surrounds me.

I submitted my first quiz yesterday, and I got 100%!! (I ROCK too!) Good thing I got it submitted when I did; I don't think I'll be getting much done on my course until J feels better.

My blog is still having issues. I hope Blogger gets it fixed soon. I find it rather irritating that I have to jump through hoops in order to make posts on my own blog. Ah well. C'est la vie, I suppose.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

To offer forgiveness is not really an ending, it is the beginning of living with a peaceful heart. To lay down your sword and shield is very freeing.

It is amazing how forgiveness turns the world upside-down. Reciprocation is not required, but it is always hoped for. When you have a peaceful heart you want others to know that peace. When you put down your own pain and forgive, you hope that others can forgive you too, but that hope is because with true forgiveness you really do wish them well, and part of that is hoping they can let go of their own pain.

Momma Trish said...

I am glad that you have been able to move past all of this. I hope that all concerned are feeling better about things now.

I'm proud of you for doing what you knew to be right in the situation. :)