Thursday, December 22, 2005

Morning Antics

J has discovered that he can stick his feet between the slats of his crib. He has tremendous fun lying sideways in the crib with his feet sticking out between the slats, kicking them both frantically, and talking to himself. This was how I found him this morning. I was greeted with big, happy smiles!

J loves soothers. He has several. He usually wants to keep one in his mouth and transfer another from hand to hand. He carries a spare about with him whenever he is permitted to do so, just for this purpose. Sometimes, I'll put him down for naptime with a yellow soother in his mouth but, when he wakes up, he'll have replaced it with a blue soother.

During breakfast this morning, J decided that he could start self-feeding. He stuck his hand in his bowl of porridge, and dropped a good-sized mound of cereal on the highchair tray. Having no idea what he was expected to do with it from there, he proceeded to use it like finger paints. His technique will improve with time.

J decided that he did not require a nap this morning. He played for awhile, and he sat in my lap and told me stories, but he did not sleep. As I type this, he has finally nodded off in my arms. I will put him down now and continue with my dusting. Yes, housework is the order of the day. Dusting the main floor and cleaning the bathrooms are my goals.

But sometimes, I think we have too many bathrooms.

No comments: