Tuesday, December 06, 2005

J Loves His Toes

Toes are a very fun toy for J. But J can't play with his toes effectively if his mommy and daddy dress him in sleepers with feet. And sadly, J's mommy and daddy love to dress him in sleepers with feet, because he stays nice and warm that way. Yes, they are warm. But what to do about the toes?

What a dilemma for poor little J.

J has refused to nap to any great purpose today. I put him in his crib, hoping that he would go to sleep. But he stayed up playing instead. I could hear him playing happily. Eventually, I realized that J was not going to nap this afternoon. I went in to get him.

And there was J, lying in his crib, playing with his toes. Yes, despite the fact that he was wearing a sleeper with feet. He'd managed to get one leg (from toe to just below the knee) out, between the snaps of his sleeper legs, so his toes were nicely accessible for him. A big, happy smile was my reward for catching J with his toes out.

Well, he was having a good old time. But his foot was cold, so I dressed him properly again. He is unimpressed, but looking for other toys. Fortunately, pulling his mommy's hair is also fun.

He would be in better spirits if he would just nap. He is a very tired baby just now. Poor little man!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If it were possible to find toe socks for babies, I would totally buy them for baby J.