Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Well, this lecturer is really no better

She does not sound like Grover, which is a plus. She is more pleasant to listen to, with a nice lilting quality of voice (no monotone), and she is more organized, which is nice. But her lectures consist of her reading directly from the slides, which I can see on my screen anyway. (I can read, thank you very much.) So it's a wee bit dry.

So far, the only time my audio lecturer deviates from direct readings of the slides is when she decides to drive far off-course into flights of fancy. Remember how my last audio lecturer quoted from Alice in Wonderland? Well, this one loses her focus talking about hockey and how her team is going to win the cup this year.

I don't care who wins the cup! Not while I'm studying!! (I cannot emphasize this point enough!)

Also: I am angry with myself; I missed the new "That '70s Show" this evening, so that I could listen to my course lectures and do my ethics readings. I forgot to set the VCR so that I could watch it later. I really like "That '70s Show", and missing new episodes so that I can be bored by an online lecture is irksome to me.

(Grumble, grumble, grumble...)

No comments: