Tuesday, December 20, 2005

I don't feel happy

My little boy is sick, and I have too much to do to get ready for Christmas, and the house is a mess, and I have more coursework to do, and I have to go to the big mall tonight (5 days before Christmas, thank you very much), and some of my friends are distancing and/or fighting, and I hate that, and I feel lonely and not particularly well-liked, and I'm all fat and bloated just now, and I want my positive body-image back, and Blogger still thinks that my unlisted blog that has been coded for no search engine inclusion may be a spam blog, and I wish they'd fix it so I don't have to jump through hoops just to post a message on my own blog.

I want to feel happy. Moreover, as one who has been richly blessed, I should feel happy. It disturbs me that I do not. I think that people and things that don't make me happy should maybe not have such a firm place in my life. When I have a moment, I suppose I must ponder this in considerably more depth. But just now, I'd prefer to try and focus on the people and things that do make me happy, so that I may snap out of it quickly. There are, after all, many people and things that make me happy. There is no shortage of good to focus on. I will concentrate on turning my focus to that, and maybe my mood will improve.

Yes. That sounds good. Let me work on that for a bit.

Earlier, I was reminded that tomorrow is the shortest day of the year. If nothing else, the return of the sun should help.

No comments: