Monday, August 01, 2005

We Have a Duck (and Other Tidbits)

Around 4:00 today, J had his diaper changed. It was, apparently, quite a harrowing experience for him. He screamed so loudly while H was changing him, that I could hear him all the way into our basement! (I was getting the clean diapers out of the dryer at the time.)

When I came back upstairs, J was still screaming. I started putting my finger over his mouth and pulling it away repeatedly. With the slight interruptions to his intensity of scream, he sounded exactly like Donald Duck on a rampage! It was so funny, H and I both split our sides laughing.

God, I love my little boy!

On another note, earlier today, H decided to mow the lawn. He had his big work gloves out, and was using them to torment the cat. Jivercat was, as usual, lying across one of the bar stools in the kitchen. When H started batting the work glove in Jive's direction, the cat started batting back and playing. He got so excited, he slipped between the two bar stools and started falling, head first. H had to grab him as he was falling to save him. It was so cute and funny, watching our kitty fall off his chair that way. (Crazy cat!)

It was a good day for us. We had a nice visit with maple mom2 and her daughter. We hadn't seen them in a long time, and I was so happy they were able to come by while they were in town. H picked up skirting for our deck, so that should be getting done in the near future. I got some housework done, which was good; I've fallen sorely behind of late. Yes indeed; we were quite productive today. J had a good day too; he had some good naps and some good playtime also. He sure loves to kick his feet and imitate sounds now. I hope he will sleep well tonight.

My life is good. So very good.

No comments: