Wednesday, August 03, 2005

J's Weight and Hearing Issues

I took J in for his 4 month shots today. He's a whopping 12 lbs now!

J was all cheerful today, until those shots happened. Then he cried, of course. I don't blame the little tyke. He's on Tylenol now, 'cause he's rather out of sorts, and I assume he's probably got some pain at the injection site. I hope he feels better really soon.

Poor little man!

The nurses expressed concern about his hearing. There was a note in the file from his 2 month shots that said they weren't able to wake him with sound. Today, he was awake, but he didn't react to noise. They shook bells over his head, and I snapped my fingers behind him. He didn't react at all to either thing.

I am scared. I'm glad he has his hearing test on Monday. Hopefully we will get some answers at that time.

As for me and my state of mind today, I can't even remember names, today's date ... nothing. I may be anemic again. So I have to get some bloodwork to see how I'm doing. I doubt I'm anemic; I'm not sleeping well, and when I get anemic, you can't wake me up at all. The insomnia is probably what's doing me in. That and the worry about J's hearing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! He's quickly catching up to Andraya! She was only 12lbs 10oz today at the doctors. Way to go little man!

theatre_mommy

Momma Trish said...

I know! Where did my little tiny baby go?