Tuesday, August 23, 2005

I Can Type One-Handed!

I am really enjoying this blog so far. As time permits, I am slowly putting up some older photos of J. (I use "older" loosely, of course, since J is still pretty darned new himself!) Anyway, I'd like to preserve these pictures and share them with our family and friends, and this seems to be a good way to do so.

If you want to see the pictures, just periodically click on the "Photos" box on the right hand side of the screen and choose a picture. I hope that the box will be updated fairly regularly; I'm trying to get a couple of shots on each day, but can make no promises.

J makes things pretty difficult. I'm still working on thank-you cards! I wonder if I will ever get them all done... Just as I sit down to write, J starts a-crying and wants to be snuggled. I can type one-handed, but I can't write a thank-you card while holding a squirming J at the same time. I am apparently just not that coordinated. If you do not have your thank-you card yet, you are in good company. This in no way means that we are not grateful; it just means that the new baby is taking more out of me than I had anticipated.

I am hopeful that everyone will receive an appropriate thank-you card by J's first birthday! (Sigh...)

Yesterday was a really difficult day here. J was super-duper-grumpy, and he just kept crying and crying. I was having a really hard time coping with him, and just didn't know what to do. When H came home from work, I was worn to a frazzle. We thought about taking J for a car ride, but were hesitant to do so due to the exorbitant price of fuel these days. Eventually, we had no choice but to relent. The car ride seemed to calm and soothe J, but he refused to go to sleep until around 1:00 a.m. H and I are both exhausted today. I am glad poor H didn't have to work until noon - he needed the extra sleep.

One final note: we are attempting to transition J from his bassinet to his crib. He hates his crib, and he cries every time we put him in it. But he is getting too big and squirmy for the bassinet, and I don't think it's safe for him to sleep there any longer. He must get used to his crib!! If anyone has any suggestions for such a transition, they would be greatly appreciated.

Must go try to get the J down for his nap now. Poor sleepy little man!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the photos. I especially love the "name tags"! Too cute!