Monday, August 15, 2005

Grouch!

J keeps crying. I can't console him. He slept through the night, and apparently I must pay the price today.

I've fed him; I've burped him; I've changed him. I've put him in his bassinet, with his soother and with toys to play with. I've held him upright and allowed him to vomit all over me (something he does when held upright too soon after eating). When I held him upright, he calmed down and stopped crying. So I thought it was worthwhile, despite the vomitting. But then he started to cry again. I put him back in the bassinet, but he is still crying.

I don't know what to do for him, and I feel like a bad mommy just leaving him crying like this. But I can't make him stop crying, and I don't know what's wrong. NOTHING is wrong!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad. You're not a bad Mum if obviously you're doing everything you can to figure out what's wrong. Sometimes babies just cry, and sometimes that's really frustrating. Not that I claim to have direct experience, but I've babysat enough in the past to know that sometimes, the little beggars just will suck every ounce of attention right out of you, and it's okay to walk away once in a while to reclaim some small part of your sanity. Hang in there! I dare you to barf on him for a change! (Sorry. Had to try for a laugh.)