Monday, July 25, 2005

What Not to Say on Your Blog

My wife's family is all up in arms that people would actually have on-line journals. Why is this an issue? Apparently, they are nervous about private information on the Internet. We've tried to explain that it's really not an issue. You just have to make sure that you keep certain things to yourself and for goodness sake don't blog them. For example:

"Well, those stupid doofuses at the 148 Street branch of the ATB screwed up my account again. I kept saying '678123', but they kept entering it as '678321'. And then they'd tell me my password was incorrect! I kept saying 'I know my password; it's toysrus. The only reason it's not coming up is because you're putting in the wrong account number!' Then they tried telling me I don't have $25,000 in my chequing account. Of course I have $25,000! What do they take me for!!

That's when I asked to speak to the manager. So he comes over, like he's some long lost friend, and says 'Johnny! How's your beautiful wife and the 3 Jones kids over at 1313 Mockingbird Lane?' I was about to punch his lights out, but I had things to do and really didn't have time to get arrested today.

Well, enough venting for now. I still have to pack, get a duplicate key made to put under the front mat for the housesitter, and take both dogs to the kennel. We're going to Cancun for 2 weeks, and after all, our plane leaves tomorrow morning at 7:00."

So then, we wouldn't blog anything like that!!!

No comments: