Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Happy Baby

J is amusing himself in his bassinet. I tried to swaddle him and tuck him in as usual, but he's become most interested in his feet of late and is having none of it. Instead, he is smiling and cooing as he kicks his feet up in the air and brings them down against the label on the inside of the bassinet. He is enjoying the scratching sound it makes when his toenails scrape against the label material. What fun!

I am hoping he will stay happy for this afternoon. A photographer from Canadian Baby Photography is coming by between 1:00 and 2:00 to take some pictures of him. (It's a free sitting and portrait thingy that came with the Welcome Wagon from the hospital.) J's moods are fairly unpredictable, but he's usually happy these days. Keeping fingers crossed for cute pictures!

Anyway, I'm going to see if I can catch a bit more sleep. It's hard with J talking to himself beside me, but as long as he's happy I may be able to grab a bit of shut-eye yet. I'm tired today. Lots to do, though. Not much time for napping.

No comments: