Monday, July 25, 2005

Real Estate Investing Conference

Today, I received in the mail an invitation for a "once in a lifetime financial conference". It's odd that I've had an invitation to this same conference (different dates each time, of course) several times. As has my wife. How "once in a lifetime" can it be?

The invitation enclosed two complimentary tickets, each "a $69 value". But then, at the bottom of the invitation, it says "others have paid over $20,000 to learn" the stuff that will be taught here. My question is: how gullible were they then to pay over $20,000 for a $69 conference? Or was it a bunch of people whose combined $69 tuition fees totalled over $20,000?

The conference is supposed to teach me a number of things, among them being how to "create instant cash flow in 7 days". But "7 days" is not "instant". NOW is instant.

Apparently "the easiest way to become a millionaire is to be coached by a millionaire". I think not. I think it is apparent that the easiest way to become a millionaire is to prey on those persons looking for a get-rich-quick scheme, and charge them a bunch of cash for some binky little self-help seminar.

By the way, the conference is on a Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. So it is pretty evidently aimed at persons without day jobs.

According to the invitation, I was referred to the man putting this stupid conference on. I would like to know who referred me to him; I want to remove that person from my Christmas card list.

No comments: