Monday, October 20, 2008

STOP in the name of all that is holy

Don't you hate it when the signage is totally unclear?


Oh dear! The signs seem to be saying something. But what? What to do, what to do?

We saw this charming little display while waiting in the drive-thru line at Second Cup. Now, I don't know exactly what happened here. Perhaps someone decided that their job was to put a sign up but it's someone else's job to remove a sign that's fallen? Or maybe the job was just triple booked? But whatever else happens, I think they want you to stop here. A lot.

Shelle over at Blok Thoughts is hosting the "Don't You Hate It When" contest. Go over and check her out. Play along. Vote for me. Or someone else if you prefer. Whatever you like.

Also: Stick around here if you like. Check out N's photo retrospective from yesterday. Baby is 5 months old now. They get so big so fast!

6 comments:

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

LOL...Wow...I thought that was a photo you grabbed off Google IMages or something...that is even funnier when it is real! lol!

Kritta22 said...

LOL That's awesome that it is real! That sounds like my kinda of prank!!

nikkicrumpet said...

They probably could have just added an exclamation point and saved the tax payers some money! Great photo!!

steenky bee said...

Bawhaha! You HAVE to submit that somewhere. If not to your city or the mayor, then there's just got to be a site somewhere for things just like this. I hesitate to ask how this happened because frankly, I'm terrified of the answer.

binks said...

Hahahaha! Our government hard at work.

Momma Trish said...

Shelle - Oh no; it's very real. Lucky I had my camera. My favourite part is that one sign down on the ground, like some kind of toll booth arm or something. Why?

Kritta - Sadly, I don't think this was a prank. I think it was a union thing where some folks are in charge of putting up signs and others are in charge of sign removal.

Nikki - The exclamation point thing would have been a better idea.

SB - I wonder where I should submit it. You're right; there's got to be some place for stuff like this. I wish I knew exactly how it happened. We just happened to spot it as we were passing by, and snapped a shot.

Binks - I know. Union rules, eh? Heh!