Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Paradise by the dashboard light

Well, that last post was uncharacteristically deep, wasn't it? We won't do that again for awhile. It's too hard.

Time for a kidlet anecdote!

J is very inquisitive. And H likes to explain things. But sometimes, it's hard to put things in terms that the J will understand. He's only 3. He has very little life experience. He doesn't understand many things. Like taxes. Or politics. Or why we can't drive with the dome light on.

J: Turn the light back on.
H: No, J. The light needs to stay off.
J: But I can see better with the light on.
H: I know, J. But the light needs to stay off.
J: Whyyyyyy?
H: Because Daddy can't drive with the light on.
J: Whyyyyyy?
H: Because it's illegal.
J: What does "illegal" mean?
H: It means the police might give Daddy a ticket.
J: What's a ticket?
H: It's kind of like a spanking. But instead of slapping your bum, they ... ah ...
T: ... pinch your wallet?

6 comments:

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

K I love your conversations! So funny! That is cute! :)

Rhea said...

hahaha I'm going to explain that the next policeman who pulls me over (this rarely happens btw)...that a ticket is like a spanking and I don't condone corporal punishment. Think it might work?!

Nah, me neither.

steenky bee said...

Yes, exactly! They do pinch your wallet and hurt you where it counts. So insightful. So sad and so true.

Momma Trish said...

Shelle - Conversations of the car can be pretty entertaining. Lots of fun, with J contributing these days!

Rhea - I wish it would work. Can it really hurt to try? Actually, it probably would, huh?

SB - Tickets are genuinely painful. Nasty things!

Anonymous said...

Bravo! I love these vignettes! You just made my morning!

Momma Trish said...

Sprite's Keeper - Thanks! I'm happy you enjoyed it.