Friday, October 10, 2008

Don't get around much anymore

Do you have any idea how difficult it is to find blogging material when you are a shut in? Seriously. What am I supposed to write about? Television programming? The colour of my couch? What?

I got nothing.

I need fodder. I have no fodder. I've begun several posts today that I've been unable to finish. They were dull. And then I ran out of thought.

(The couch is blue, by the way. And daytime TV sucks.)

I don't have a large audience, but I don't wish to lose the few readers that do come here. Dull posts dry up a blog pretty fast. So I will come up with something to write. Something interesting. Reflective. Thought provoking. Amusing. I'll lie if I have to. But there will be material, and it will be good!

I take requests. Anything? Anyone? Bueller?

10 comments:

Michelle said...

Head over to Kat's blog, http://mamakatslosinit.blogspot.com/. She puts up writing prompts every Wednesday. You are sure to find something there to inspire you! :)

Michelle said...

Forget to answer you about my dog.....she is a standard poodle!

Captain Dumbass said...

I can't even think of what to do with for my next one...

Unknown said...

LMAO@ I'll lie if I have to. But there will be material

Hey my couch is blue too and I agree faytime TV sucks ;-)

Momma Trish said...

Michelle - Yeah, I check out Mama Kat's writing prompts. I just couldn't figure out what to write, even still! I may have to just grab one and go, though.

CDA - But you always end up coming up with clever things to say. It will come to you.

Georgie - Blue is good.

steenky bee said...

Voodoo Economics. Sister, I would read you if you wrote what you ate for dinner. I think you're that interesting. Daytime television will rot your brain. Maybe you should find some neighbors to watch.

Momma Trish said...

LOL! (The Laffer curve.)

Thanks, Jen! My neighbours aren't often home during the day. Maybe prank phone calls?

Unknown said...

I think it's time for "getting to know you better" post...That way, when your readership grows, you can refer back to it when you're too busy to write anything else. And besides, we are all a bit nosey about those things...and it's how we find out we're all connected by something.

Anonymous said...

Thoughts that fly through your hear, words that fall out, that have been lost and that are making a come-back. Anything you like. And if you ARE bored, try watching some Tim Minchin on you tube. That might cheer you up (I loooove him, but don't tell the husband...)

Momma Trish said...

Dawn - I'll consider that. But then I have to think of the questions to ask, and ... well, we're right back to the "block" problem!

WLS - Glad to see you! Tim Minchin, huh? I'll go check it out.