Monday, January 30, 2006

No Award of Excellence

Exam stats are out. As suspected, my 93% will not get me the Award of Excellence. Someone else in Canada got 97%. (Keener!) But that 93% still gets me high mark across Alberta for my term. Woot!

Edit: Alright, it's still possible that I might get the Award of Excellence. Maybe the person who got 97% wasn't a first-time writer. But I think it's pretty doubtful.

I await my "high grade" letter. I like the letter. I would like to have a nice collection of letters from the Association by the time I'm through this program. They're pretty highly regarded.

I'm feeling pretty optimistic today; perhaps I can snag the Level 3 Award of Excellence next year. We'll see!

Now for some random stats: 754 FA2 exams were written across Canada last semester. 501 of those writers passed, for a pass rate of 66.4%. The high grade across Canada was 97%. 54 of the exams were written in Alberta, and 28 Alberta writers passed, for a provincial pass rate of 51.9%.

So to recap, no Level 2 Award of Excellence for T, but still a darned fine result and something to be proud of, especially for a new mommy.

2 comments:

Draya's Mom said...

Congrats! Highest mark in Alberta is nothing to sneeze at! We are suitably impressed!

Mary said...

Way to go Smarty!