Saturday, January 07, 2006

Mental problems

My mind is failing me, as I try to make my way through my textbook. You see, I am easily distracted.

I was part of a support structured message board for a time, where we used certain short-form terminology. Terms like "ttc", "cm", "dh", and the like became a part of normal language for me.

So it's problematic for me now, as I study cost-volume-profit analysis and the terms and ratios that go along with it. Every time I read a passage on the "CM ratio", I think of something very, very different from what is being referenced in my book. Then I reflect on that, and my brain freezes. I go back to re-read the section that I just missed, and I get stuck on the same passage. Again and again.

"How does one improve the CM ratio?" Take Robitussin.

I don't know what else to say.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG T!! ROTFPIMP!! (How's that for mb lingo!)

Robitussen indeed! I can't stop laughing. I just spit coffee all over my computer monitor!

This is definitely one that either you get or you don't. Can you tell I get it?! Too funny!

Anonymous said...

BTW, I'm not meaning to make light of a serious situation. Been there too!

But I can just picture it - a bunch of guys sitting around class talking about improving the CM ratio, and not having a clue that the acronym means something else!

And then you muttering something about Robitussen, and them all looking at you like you are crazy!

It's definitely something I would say!