Friday, January 13, 2006

The "Next Blog" button

You find the darnedest sites when you surf Blogger via the "Next Blog" button. Awhile back, I found a blog with music playing in the background. "How do they do that?", I asked myself. I researched it, found the solution, but then decided not to care. Why would I add music to my blog? It always drives me crazy when I end up on a site that has music on it. Do I really want to inflict that pain onto others? No. Not especially. So I scrapped it and moved on.

Today, I decided to use that "Next Blog" button again and see where I wound up. Now, you do end up on certain sites that are not in English. And you can end up on sites where the toolbar is not enabled, and then have to hit "Back" before you can proceed. And every so often, the sites are all ads and photos with no text. Apparently, there is lots of stuff out there that doesn't interest me.

But today, I came across a very cryptic blog containing only one entry. One snarky, snarly entry. And only one link in the sidebar. To the person addressed in the one entry.

Curioser and curioser.

I clicked on the link. (Of course I clicked on the link! Who wouldn't click on the link?)

I clicked on the link, and was transported into some otherworld of romantic entanglements and broken-couple hatred. Apparently, these two people are using their respective blogs to bash each other's brains in and garner sympathy. She loved him and her world revolved around him, but suddenly that changed ... without warning ... earlier this month.

So now, she deletes his comments from her site, and he puts up a "No comments enabled" post about how mean she is to him. She responds with posts on her own site about his hypocrisy and his cheatin' ways, and she mentions something about shielding herself by her online alias (seems she doesn't want her real name known). Of course, he can't comment on her blog without prompt deletion, so he retaliates by linking to her on his own site, using her real name, which she obviously does not want revealed. She becomes enraged, and her site turns even more poisonous, with insults and expletives. He puts up a userpic of himself, looking all sad.

I giggled. I couldn't help it. Misery and drama can be quite entertaining to the onlookers. So I bookmarked this little soap opera in my favorites. I will check back periodically for updates.

Will they get back together? Will she murder him in his sleep? What will become of poor B&E?

Stay tuned!

(This is precisely the reason my blog is unlisted; no one can get here using the little "Next Blog" button. Of course, if everyone did that, I would never have found Rig's blog. And she rocks, so I am glad that other people are not all quite so paranoid as am I.)

No comments: