Monday, January 23, 2006

Morning thoughts

J's antibiotic seems to be making him quite nauseous. He has thrown up something almost every day since he started taking it. At least he finishes it tomorrow, so that will be better. Then we can continue trying to put some weight on the child. J is very testy just now. I hope he starts feeling better soon. Poor little baby!

J still thinks meat is icky. He makes a face and whimpers when the meat goes in his mouth. But at least he isn't crying through it any longer, so we can cope. He's been eating beef to help with the anemia. We see the doctor this afternoon; I hope they can help our little boy. I'll update later with results from the doctor's visit.

My marks are to be released tomorrow. It appears they will not be released early this go-round. I hope I did well.

The current course is going well. It's pretty dry, really. I've done 3 quizzes so far. They are all out of 6; I've gotten two 6's and a 5.5. I feel good about that.

J is going to be 10 months old soon. I feel sad that my maternity leave is going to end soon and I will have to leave my little boy. I don't want to!!

I need to get into a couple of offices for visits this week. I need to complete J's daycare forms and get them back in this week. I also need to decide whether or not to continue with the thank-you cards project. I feel badly that some people have still not received a thank-you card. It embarrasses me. Is it worse to give people a thank-you card really late, or to never get around to it at all? I'm not sure what is less offensive; whatever will offend the least, that is what I want to do.

I was blog surfing this morning for a bit. I found a blog with a quote on it from another blog. It made me think.

When other people see you as "bad", they don't want you to change, because they want to continue being "right" about you. This allows them to justify how they are treating you.

When other people see you as "good", they don't want you to change, because they want to continue being able to "depend" on you. This allows them to justify how they expect you to treat them.


I'm sure this outlook is correct, to a point. But I hope that it isn't really true of everyone. I hope that this world contains people who can evaluate a change in others and then view it as positive or negative without considering themselves first.

We drove past a house fire last night. The house is still standing, but damage appears to be extensive. I hope no one was hurt. And I hope that repairs are possible and will be completed quickly. And I hope that no irreplaceable possessions were damaged, but if they were, at least they were just possessions; as long as no one was hurt, it's a good day. Still. Poor family!

Linking to categories is too much work. I'm just going to list the categories from now on, and group them in the "Filed Under" menu in the sidebar. That will be much easier.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm. That's an interesting quote.

I agree with the first part. If someone has decided you are "bad" they will do everything possible to hold onto that in order to justify their treatment of you.

The best way to combat this sort of behaviour in oneself is to treat everyone how you would like to be treated. Whether you think of someone as "good" or "bad" treat them with courtesy and respect. Follow the golden rule and you have no reason to cling to the "bad" label you may have put on people.

As to the second part of the quote, it doesn't quite ring true to me. The people I think of as "good" I do want to change, or at least be able to change. Growth is change, lack of change is death. I want the people I love to grow and change and develop. What I don't want to change is the feelings of love and happiness that bloom from positive relationships.

If you will indulge me while I lapse into theology for a moment: one of the functions of God or the divine is to bring things into "right relationships." This also means loving relationships.

If you will indulge me while I quote Dr Phil: If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

Anonymous said...

How about some ketchup, mustard, or worcestershire (sp) sauce with the beef? The look on J's face would be priceless!

Draya's Mom said...

Draya like ketchup. It made more of her meatball go down easier today.