Thursday, January 26, 2006

Morning conversation

"J, did you ... oh no, it's down your whole ... oh, and it's also on my ... well, don't roll in it ... oh great ... no ... No ... just wait while I ... NO ... I just have to clean it off my ... how did you get it down the ... NO, DON'T PUT YOUR HAND IN IT ... now, what will I dress you ... quit rolling over ... I just have to reload the ... oh, you have no more paper in here ... STOP SMEARING IT ON THE CHANGE TABLE ... no, don't put the sucky in the ... No ... NO ..."

So, after J was changed and his clothes (and mine) were rinsed, he had a nice nap. He awoke cheerful and ready to play, and had a nice meal of iron drops, cereal with formula, prunes (to offset the effects of the iron drops) and a strawberry Minigo. I have again temporarily given up on meat; it makes him vomit, and that is not conducive to a healthy weight gain. I'll reintroduce it down the road and see if he is good with it then.

A word to the wise: If you are expecting (Heather? Mary?) and you plan to use cloth diapers, make sure you buy that sprayer thing that attaches to your toilet tank; it will make rinsing the diapers much easier at this stage of things. Trust me. You will want one.

4 comments:

Draya's Mom said...

Sprayer thing?

Momma Trish said...

Yes, sprayer thing.

Mary said...

There is a sprayer thing? I am equally confused.

Anonymous said...

If you are using cloth diapers you need to rince out the poopie ones right away before you put them in the diaper pail. This is usually done by swishing them in the toilet.

To minimize the yucky-ness of this task, there is a sprayer you can buy that attaches to the water supply of your toilet and allows you to spray the poopie off the diaper and into the toilet without having to dunk it in and swish it around.

Hope this isn't too graphic for your tender readers :-)