Thursday, June 16, 2005

Six Hours of Uninterrupted Sleep

It's blissful!

J refused to nap at all yesterday. I tried to put him down to sleep at his usual times, but he would have none of it. He was quite unhappy (probably because he was tired!) and he cried quite a bit. It was a tough day.

But it all balanced out in the end - proof, at least in my warped little mind, that karma does indeed exist.We gave him his bath before he went to bed last night. (He still hates baths, and he cried lots after he was done. More than usual, I'd say.) Then we got him ready for bed and settled in his little bassinet around midnight (what a night owl baby we have). And he did not wake up for his 4 a.m. feed and diaper change!! Usually, you could set your watch by him at the 4 a.m. feed. So when I woke up at 5 a.m., I got quite panicky. But he was fine - just sleeping soundly. He woke up at 6:00.

What a wonderful baby!

He's back in his bassinet now. I must return to try and sleep. Who knows what he'll permit me to do today? The baby is always in control.

No comments: