Saturday, March 03, 2007

Meh

I'm not 100% sold on this new Blogger update. I like the "labels" feature, which I think works a bit better than my old way of doing things. I can get behind that. Sure. But they really want me to udgrade my template to a new and improved one.

If I try to upgrade my template, then I lose all of my dearly loved customization. Every last part of it. And there's a lot of customization here that I really want to keep. So I'm not terribly interested in upgrading my template.

But if I don't upgrade, then I'm stuck with this feature where my "labels" show up as part of my post. And I hate the way it looks. I just can't figure out how to fix it.

My solution was going to be to upgrade to this new and improved template, but keep a copy of my old template and paste it into the new one. But this didn't work. Apparently, my old template (which works just fine) isn't coded very well, and Blogger won't accept it unless I make the coding all nice and neat. I don't know; I think the coding's just fine in the good old template. It works, and has everything (aside from those blasted "labels") exactly where I want them.

I think the solution will have to be to wait until after my exam, and possibly after tax season, and then try to "upgrade" to the new template and add all of my customization back in. In any event, until I can find some time to work out a solution to this pesky dilemma, the "labels" shall continue to show up as the end of each post and look really stupid.

I have more important things to worry about just now.

No comments: