Thursday, February 28, 2008

Everything I need is on EdNet

I'm preparing for my exam. As previously stated, the doctor has tentatively given me permission to write the exam with the rest of my class on March 10. And so I am studying away, trying to prepare for the exam, which is in about a week and a half.

I don't have a great understanding of a lot of the materials. Review must be extensive. At least I have no shortage of time. But I'm easily exhausted, and I can't study for a very long time in one stretch. I lose concentration, and that's the end of that.

I'd really like to listen to my exam review audio lectures when neither H nor J are at home. That way, I can listen to the exam reviews on my laptop without disturbing anyone or being disturbed. It's either that, or I don't listen to the lectures at all. And that would be ill-advised. The lecturers usually have some exam strategy that is very helpful.

So I was going to listen to some of the lectures today. But I can't. Because the association, using its usual poor judgment, has decided to take the EdNet website down for maintenance today. The website where everything a student needs is kept. No alternate places are available. So we'll just take 'er down! A week and a half before exam week! Brilliant!

I could do the end of module self-tests. Except that these are also on the EdNet site and, with the entire site out of commission, I can't gain access.

I can run past exams, because I have thankfully already printed them off. And rest assured, I have been running them. But I've reached a place where I have a question for my tutor. And I can't ask it, because the tutor support forum is also on the very same offending website. If I keep going, I will lose my place and never find it again. And then my question will never be asked or answered. And I will be no closer to understanding calculation of the WACC, which typically comprises about 15% of the past exams. So yeah, kind of important.

Sometimes, I really hate this.

No comments: