Monday, November 20, 2006

Smart people are good at things

I, however, excel at nothing. Ergo ...

Tonight, I am a little black raincloud. Had a bad day at work and got stuck there late. Some jerk in a Smart Car flashed his high beams then flipped me off on my drive home - and I wasn't even doing anything! Bumper to bumper traffic for miles, all because there was a stalled vehicle in the shoulder on the freeway. (Why people can't drive properly, I'll never know.) Nearly ran out of gas trying to get through the gridlock, which took about an hour and a half. Somehow, my bookbag got all wet and soaked through; my textbooks are nice and ruined. Working on my quiz, but I just don't get it. And a well-intentioned email just rubbed salt in an old wound.

I feel dumb. And ineffective. And generally useless. And sad. And angry. All at once.

And I wonder if I'll ever actually graduate, or if I should just stop the whole stupid endeavor now. Apparently, I am incapable of understanding anything or applying even that small bit of knowledge that I have. Stupid people can't get professional designations. Maybe I shouldn't even try any longer.

I need chocolate.

1 comment:

Draya's Mom said...

I've had some heavy duty rain-cloud days myself recently. We should get together sometime soon and commiserate!
No kids.