Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Man loves the moon

J loves the moon. He will look up at the sky, point, and say "Moon! Moon!" Any light in the sky - be it the moon, the sun, or a streetlight - is the moon to J.

J's favorite book is "Goodnight Moon", and he sleeps with a copy tucked under his arm. He insists that it be read to him three times each night, just before he goes to bed.

J's grandma and grandpa have returned from a two week trip to Hawaii. They brought back a book for J called "Goodnight Gecko", which features many pictures of the moon. J loves his new book. He was bringing it home with him, and we asked him to say bye bye to Grandma. He turned to her, and said: "Bye bye, Gecko". She corrected him rather quickly.

J's grandma also took a picture of the moon in Hawaii for J's amusement. She says it's a silly picture, of the night sky, but that she thought J would like it. I am glad J has such attentive and wonderful grandparents.

J has another stomach bug today. Vomit and diarrhea. Poor wee man! He came home today, threw up several times, and went to bed for the night. I hope he feels a bit better in the morning. Just at the moment, we are doing laundry.

My stupid chest cold still is not completely gone. I would really love it if it would leave right now. It feels like it's just going to hang on forever. I'm so tired of coughing. And, while I can talk, I still can't sing. It's ticking me off.

One last note: H and I have purchased a minivan! It's a 2002 Chevy Venture Extended, gold in colour, fully loaded with relatively low mileage. We like it. A lot. It will serve us well.

No comments: