Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I can't. I can't. I can't stand ... this

I can't do it.

I can't handle two kids, a birth mom with cancer, two parents with dementia, a child with an eating disorder, a broken knee that still hurts like the devil, vehicle repairs, money concerns, and school. I can't pass this class. I can't memorize the 15 formulas that relate to Module 2, plus all the formulas in the remaining 9 modules, plus all the theory. I can't catch up on all the reading that I skipped over entirely or skimmed over casually when life was so crazy that I just ran out of time. I can't prepare for the exam with the resources that have been provided, given that half the course is new material with inadequate practice resources.

I especially can't do it in two weeks, which is the time that remains until the exam date.

I can't. I can't do it.

I should probably mention that I always panic two weeks before every exam, and it always turns out okay. I don't think it will, but it does. But right now, I feel very ill-equipped, and I don't know if that will change before the exam date. I feel stupid and poorly prepared and stressed and miserable. And I think I should probably just drop out of school. But I can't do that either.

Updated to add: You know what would really help me out right now? That's right. An ear infection. That, and the baby's swing battery dying. Again. HAHA!!

6 comments:

Casey said...

Ack, you have a lot on your plate right now! You have some time though, get studying! Good luck..

steenky bee said...

Oh dear. I feel bad now for freaking out over stale corn nuts that I bought today. I'm so sorry. Would it help if everyone in your reader posted formulas for you every day? That way when you stop by to read them you could study at the same time.

Momma Trish said...

Casey - Yeah, thankfully there are still two weeks. Not enough time, but there is some.

Steenky Bee - That would be fabulous! ;) I think I may put up a boring "formulas" post over here, just so I have to read them every time I come by to post or read. Might be a good idea.

Anonymous said...

Hey, you could have a contest where people have to use the formulas in a problem to win...

I have no idea of what I'm talking about. Sorry things are so tough right now.

Unknown said...

It will work out somehow. I'll throw my support at you from way over here. It's not much but it's all yours

Momma Trish said...

goodfather - The problem is that the formulas are all really long and complicated. And they almost always can be solved in at least two ways, that don't really relate to each other at all. I can't bear to subject anyone else to them. They're unpleasant.

Things will get better. I just have my moments.

Heinous - Yeah, I'm sure it will work out. Thanks for the support. It's greatly appreciated!