Sunday, February 08, 2009

Johnny Appleseed IS Father Christmas

J decided that we should all say grace at breakfast this morning. And so, he "taught" us to sing the special grace he learned at preschool. Feel free to sing along!

Oh, the Lord is good to me
And so I thank the Lord
For giving me the things I need
The sun, and the rain, and the appleseed
The Lord is good to me
Jolly Old St. Nicholas
Um ... erm ...

Thank you ...
Ummm ...

Ah-men.


J's theological training continues to progress nicely. For while he confuses Johnny Appleseed with Santa Claus, at least he no longer ends his prayers by shouting "What the heck!" Progress, peoples!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

awwwww lol that is too cute!!!!

Captain Dumbass said...

I don't know, I kinda like the "what the heck."

Keely said...

Well, he's a lot more clear on his theology than I am!

mrsmouthy said...

Yikes! He might be more of a heathen than my own son, who just thanks God for "everything" once a night and seems to consider it sufficient.