Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Baby Update

Saw the ob today. Baby is doing well. I'm at the same weight I was two weeks ago, but Baby is still growing, and is bigger than J was. I am to expect a tougher delivery, as Baby will be larger.

Baby is sitting very, very low. Causing me considerable pain and discomfort. But Baby is nice and healthy, and I can cope.

I am just past the 36 week mark now, so things are looking good. I am permitted a slight increase in activity. Slight ... don't go running any marathons ... but I can get up off the couch a bit more. And we can go to our first-choice hospital!

I see the doctor once a week now.

J is really getting excited about the new baby. One day recently, he told me that he had a baby in his tummy. That would be a neat trick. He is quite possessive of his new sibling-to-be. He insists that the baby is his, which is pretty cute. "Yes", we tell him, "that's your baby brother/sister".

Yesterday, when J was at the hospital, H told the med student that I was pregnant and on bed rest.

Doc: (to J) Oh! Is mommy going to have a baby?
J: No! I am! My baby!
Doc: (to H) Do you know if it's a boy or a girl?
J: A boy!!

I think J will be a good little helper with "his" new baby!

No comments: